Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Grilled Salmon

Tasty Tuesday

Okay, so I tried to make couscous for the first time...fail. I liked it before I added the lemon juice and all the herbs. I'll definitely give it another shot, but with a different recipe. If you want to try your hand at it, it's a Giada De Laurentiis recipe and you can find it here. It has great reviews, so I obviously did something wrong.

Anyway, what I will share with you is my favorite way of preparing salmon. We have salmon about once a week, and this is by far the easiest and most delicious way. It's Andy's favorite.

Grilled Salmon

salmon filets
olive oil
salt and pepper

Bring salmon to room temperature before grilling. Preheat oven to 450. Set a large oven-proof grill pan over low heat for 1 minute. Brush the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to medium-high. Place salmon, skin side up, on the grill pan. Cook until there are grill marks, about 3 minutes. To make cross-hatched grill marks, reposition the filets and cook 2 minutes more. Flip the salmon and transfer the grill pan to the oven. Continue cooking the fish in the oven:
2-3 minutes for pink inside
5 minutes for medium
7 minutes well done

*I hate over-cooked fish..well over-cooked anything really. Usually 3 minutes in the oven is perfectly pink inside for me! Less if the filets aren't really thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment