Friday, June 17, 2011

Five Song Friday--Daddy's Girl

In honor of Father's Day, and my amazing Daddy, here are 5 songs that remind me of him.


1. It Won't Be Like This For Long--Darius Rucker
So, this was the song my dad and I danced to at my wedding. I had it narrowed down to two songs: this one and one by Paul Simon (down below), and I wanted my dad to choose. We loved the Paul Simon song, but every time dad heard this one, he broke down. And one day, through his tears, he said
"This is the one."
Bonus: Darius Rucker is from Charleston, went to USC, and is a HUUUUUGE GAMECOCK FAN!


2. Father and Daughter--Paul Simon
This was the other song that we were thinking about dancing to. This one is my favorite, but I'm glad my dad got to choose his favorite for our dance.


3. My Girl--The Temptations
Dad and I always would sing this song. 
I had to choose this video, because it's from the movie My Girl...a childhood favorite! My friend Kelly and I would actually "play" My Girl, and argue over who looked more like Veta Sultenfuss!

4. Sixty Minute Man--Billy Ward & The Dominoes
Our favorite song to shag (the dance) to.


5. Jackie Wilson Said (I'm in Heaven When You Smile)--Van Morrison
This song just makes me think of my dad because we used to always listen to Van Morrison, and this is one of his favorites. I can see him snapping his fingers and tapping the steering wheel!

4 comments: